First Nations Transfer Station Operations and Maintenance Training
A Transfer Station (TS) plays an important role in a community’s solid waste management system. This training is for interested First Nations and Tribal Council representatives.
Training is provided by Alberta First Nations’ Technical Services Advisory Group.
About this event
The learning outcomes are as follows:
- Understand the fundamentals of an integrated solid waste management system
- Consider drivers of waste management in your community and how they impact current and future systems
- Identify the function of key infrastructure elements of a transfer station
- Understand the issues and challenges associated with planning, designing, and operating a transfer station
- Understand the importance of clear, concise and consistent communication with all site visitors and workers
- Review and discuss O&M Manuals for transfer stations and safety procedures
- Understand environmental controls and regulations that affect transfer stations
- Recognize and evaluate the stewardship/diversion programs and markets available to your community
Registration is open until January 14th. Reference material will be mailed to you before the training.
To learn more, or if you have any questions, please contact Erica Tropea at email@example.com or 807-632-6650.